Perfect for a family supper, this is a really simple dish that makes the most of the wonderful coarse meaty texture and intense flavour of The RBTC's sausages. Serve with a salad or seasonal vegetables such as runner beans or shredded Savoy cabbage
Serves 4. Preparation: 15 minutes.
Cooking: 45 minutes
- 1 pack The Rare Breed Pig Company herb sausages
- 2 medium red onions, cut into chunks
- 500g small to medium sized potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 tbsp local honey
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C Gas 7. Twist the sausages in the middle then cut into two smaller sausages. Place the sausages, onions and potatoes in a roasting tin. Mix together the honey, mustard, oil and seasoning and pour over the ingredients in the tin. Mix well.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, turning occasionally until the sausages are cooked through and the potatoes are crisp and golden. Serve with runner beans or broccoli.
Mary Gwynn is a highly respected food writer. Now based in Kent, she is currently writing recipe cards for Waitrose, working with Stack House Cookery School near Sevenoaks as a teacher, and running bespoke cookery courses for students from her own kitchen.
- recipes Mary Gwynn
- pictures David Merewether