Butternut Squash & Chilli Chestnut Rolls
- Make approximately 12 canapés
Soft Brown Sugar
Egg whisked for egg wash
- Peel and cut butternut squash into cubes, then roast in a little oil together with the sugar and five spice mix, allow to cool.
- Finely chop the chilli and the chestnuts, and mash together with the butternut squash and ginger.
- Roll out the puff pastry into long thin strips and place a little of the mixture in the centre of the puff pastry, brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash and fold over to form a roll.
- Brush lightly with egg wash before placing in the oven to cook, until golden brown.
- recipes Tony Boyle
- pictures David Merewether