Pheasant and Prune in Parma Ham
This selection of Christmas canapés can be prepared in advance, giving you one less thing to worry about on the day. They are designed to be simple, yet delicious, with a homemade touch.
- Make approximately 12 canapés
1 Pheasant Breast
1 tsp Redcurrant Jelly
2 Rashers Streaky Bacon diced
25g Chopped Prunes
¼ Onion finely chopped
1 tsp Chopped Tarragon
1 Clove of Garlic crushed
6 Slices Parma Ham
150ml Red Wine
- Using a little oil, cook onion and bacon in a saucepan until onion is soft.
- Add red wine, redcurrant jelly, prunes, garlic, tarragon and pheasant breast, cover and poach gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove pheasant and chop into small pieces while reducing the liquid until thick and sticky.
- Return the pheasant to the saucepan, add seasoning to taste and leave to cool.
- Slice the Parma ham in half lengthways, place a small amount of the cooled pheasant mixture onto each piece of Parma ham, then roll up to form a bite-sized canapé. Warm in the oven before serving.
- recipes Tony Boyle
- pictures David Merewether