- Blend the cheese and lemon zest in a food processor until soft and smooth. Add the cream and blend until the cream is whipped but be careful not to split.
- Bring the red wine to the boil for 1 min.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, boil and cover the beetroot.
- Cook the shallots slowly with all ingredients. Once soft, chill until required.
- Peel and dice the beetroot, and place these, along with the pickled shallots in a cloth to get rid of excess moisture.
- Assemble all the ingredients in a ramekin and finish with black olive powder and micro watercress.
* NB Both these should keep well for at least a month, if not longer. Discard them immediately if any mould forms, or they smell bad.
Photographs: David Merewether
Recipes: Jo Arnell