At only 27 years old, executive chef John Rogers is making a real impression at Rosemary Shrager's Cookery School in Tunbridge Wells. Here he shares inspiring recipes sure to impress even the foodiest of friends...
Prepare: 2.5 hours
Cook: 6-8 minutes
- 200g puff pastry
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- zest of half a lemon
- 50g toasted pinenuts
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan for 10 seconds.
- Add the Parmesan and the lemon zest into a blender and blitz.
- Add the cumin seeds and the pinenuts.
- Roll out the puff pastry and brush with an egg yolk.
- Sprinkle the cheese mix evenly across the pastry.
- Roll the puff pastry up like a swiss roll.
- Wrap in cling film and freeze for 2 hours.
- Slice into desired thickness and cook at 180C for 6-8 mins.
Photographs: David Merewether