Grilled coconut swordfish with lime, chilli & coriander sauce
Marinate: 1 hour - overnight
Cook: 8-12 minutes
- 1 or 2 large swordfish fillets
- for the marinade:
- 1 shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass trimmed
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium chillies
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Put all the ingredients, apart from the lime leaves and the coconut milk, into a food processor and blitz until it forms a rough paste.
- In a bowl mix the paste with the coconut milk and the lime leaves.
- Place your swordfish in a dish and cover with the marinade mixture. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- When ready to barbecue, remove fish from the marinade and place directly on the barbecue grill. Cook for about 4-6 minutes on each side,
depending on how large your steaks are. You can keep basting it with the marinade whilst it is grilling. If over-cooked it will break into pieces so be careful when you remove from the grill.
- Serve with lime, chilli and coriander sauce. click here
Photographs: David Merewether