Rocky Road Easter Nests
Makes approx. 16
- 300g good quality chocolate (milk or plain or a mix of both - it's up to you; just make sure it melts without going weird)
- 100g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 10 digestive biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 75g raisins
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 50g peanuts (optional, but adds a bit more rock to the road)
- 1 large pack mini sugar coated eggs
Forget those fibrous Easter nests made with chocolate-coated shredded wheat and go for the full on, rocky road to ruin (or heaven). Children will love to make these, but be prepared to enter the sticky zone...
- Melt the chocolate in either a microwave (approx. 2mins, depending on your microwave), or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (adult supervision essential here).
- Mix in the butter and melt a little more. Add the golden syrup and mix in thoroughly, then stir in the other ingredients (except eggs).
- Carefully (keep those aprons on) spoon into paper cake cases, making a 'nest' space in the middle. Add three eggs to each nest and refrigerate until set.
- recipes Jo Arnell
- pictures David Merewether
To see more of Jo's seasonal cakes and recipes, visit www.hornbrookmanor.co.uk and search under 'Seasonal Tips and Recipes'