Makes 6 finished cakes (you will need 12 individual cupcakes - see recipe
for the vanilla butter icing:
- 100g butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp milk or water (to make icing to right consistency use a little more or less)
for the sheep faces and fleeces:
- 1 pack mini marshmallows
- 1 pack mini Cadbury's Creme Eggs
- marzipan for the ears (you could dip slices of marshmallow in chocolate and stick them on with a little icing)
- writing icing
Start with 12 basic cupcakes, then:
- Make the sheep faces using chocolate eggs, writing icing and marzipan, to make the ears and eyes (you could always dip slices of marshmallow in chocolate and stick them on using icing). Leave to set for a few minutes while you make the bodies.
- Stick pairs of fairy cakes together (unwrap one and invert) with a little buttercream to make the sheep's bodies and then spread buttercream all over.
- Stick the sheep heads in place. Make the fleeces by poking mini marshmallows into the buttercream - I cut them in half, as my sheep were rather plump.
- recipes Jo Arnell
- pictures David Merewether
To see more of Jo's seasonal cakes and recipes, visit www.hornbrookmanor.co.uk and search under 'Seasonal Tips and Recipes'