Leek & Smoked Haddock Risotto
- 2 large leeks
- 375g undyed smoked haddock
- 300g pack risotto rice
- 250ml crème fraîche
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 200ml milk
- 50g approx. butter
- Pre-heat the oven (gas 6/180C/med)
- Wash and chop leeks (they can be rather gritty), then fry lightly in the butter until tender.
- Add the rice and stir around for another couple of minutes.
- Add the stock and milk, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes, then transfer to an oven-proof dish.
- Add the smoked haddock, cover and bake in the oven for around 20 mins (until the rice is cooked).
- Gently stir in the crème fraîche, season and serve.
- recipes Jo Arnell
- pictures David Merewether
To see more of Jo's seasonal cakes and recipes, visit www.hornbrookmanor.co.uk and search under 'Seasonal Tips and Recipes'