Caroline Cowan from Brick House Farm now owns The Woolpack Hotel in Tenterden. She's a great cook and hostess so we asked her to puts together some mouthwatering morsels to kick start the winter party season with a culinary bang...
- serves 20
- preparation time 30 mins
- cooking time approx 25 mins
- 2 egg whites
- 125g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 120C.
- Put the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until the meringue holds soft peaks
- Add the sugar a teaspoon at a time, whisking well after each addition. Continue whisking until the whites are stiff and glossy. Fold in vanilla extract.
- Using the tip of 2 teaspoons place small teaspoon-sized amounts of meringue on to a baking sheet about 2.5cm apart.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Cool in the oven.
- Decorate with whipped double cream and fruit of your choice. We opted for fresh figs and clementines.
- recipes Caroline Cowan
- pictures David Merewether