Tomato Tarte Tatin
- A few capers
- Eight medium sized tomatoes
- A sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- A few basil leaves or sprigs of rosemary
- In a pan (ideally a frying pan with a removable handle - but a roasting tin will do) warm up a few capers and chopped up anchovies in some olive oil.
- Slice up about eight tomatoes, cover the capers and then sweat them until they just begin to lose their shape. Take off the heat, season with salt and pepper and then place a piece of ready rolled puff pastry on top, tucking underneath any corners.
- Cook according to the instructions on the pack of pastry (about twenty minutes at 200C). Once cooked, turn the tarte upside down onto a plate, cover any unsightly gaps with basil leaves or rosemary and serve warm.
- Recipes Jane Howard
- Pictures David Merewether