- Serves 6
400g fresh raspberries
100g caster sugar
3 medium egg whites
300g double cream
icing sugar to dust
Lucinda Hamilton from Cocolicious creates celebratory desserts fit for a queen...
- Reserving some raspberries for decoration, place the remainder in a pan with 50g of the caster sugar and cook on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring until the fruit collapses.
- To make a coulis, place a fine sieve over a bowl and pass the fruit through to de-seed. Cool for 10 minutes, then keep in the fridge until needed.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with the remaining sugar for 2-3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the cream until it forms soft floppy peaks.
- Add 2-3 tbs of the coulis to the cream and stir very gently until nicely mixed. Once mixed add in the rest of the coulis until well incorporated.
- With a metal spoon gently fold one large spoon of egg white mixture into the coulis and cream mixture. Mix very gently until all incorporated. Repeat until all egg white is mixed in.
- Gently divide the mixture between 6 glasses or mugs. Chill for 4-5 hours. To serve, decorate with raspberries, dust with icing sugar.
Cocolicious, Lucinda Hamilton's catering company, creates sweet bites and savoury delights for any occasion – from bespoke cakes to afternoon teas and dinner parties. For more information, visit the Cocolicious Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Bellaboo and Beau offer creative event design and styling. To find out more call 01797 225566 www.bellabooandbeau.co.uk
- Photographs David Merewether
- Vintage Styling Bellaboo and Beau
- Recipes Lucinda Hamilton