Juliet Bidwell cooks inviting food on a budget...
For the dressing:
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Roast the cherry tomatoes and red onion slices in 2 tablespoons of oil with the thyme and a few grinds of pepper for 15 minutes.
2. In a separate tin, roast the carrots, parsnips and sweet potato chunks in 2 tablespoons of oil, seasoned with pepper, for 30 minutes, or until cooked.
3. Blanch 4 Savoy cabbage leaves, drain & dry.
4. Slice 140g of cabbage and boil for 1½ minutes, then drain.
5. Make the dressing by blending all the ingredients together, checking for seasoning.
6. To assemble the dish, mix together the lentils, cherry tomatoes and red onions, the root vegetables and the sliced cabbage in a bowl.
7. Add as much dressing as you wish and toss together gently. Spoon into the cabbage leaves and dot with cheese.
8. To re-heat, either pop back into a medium oven or re-heat in a microwave until hot.
Tip: This dish can be prepared in advance, up to the stage of adding the dressing.
Juliet Bidwell's company, Juliet's Catering, creates innovative, individually designed menus
for a variety of social events from weddings and balls to dinner and drinks parties.
To find out more, visit www.julietbidwell.com or call 01797 270347.