Boost your omega 3 levels with chef Lucinda Hamilton's delicious recipes using fish sourced from Botterells in Rye...
- 2 Rye Bay scallops per person (or 3 if you want larger portions)
- 450g carrots 4-5cm fresh ginger root
- juice of 1 lime 30g butter, cut into cubes
- Marinate the scallops for a couple of hours in the juice of 1/2 a lime and a couple of tbspoons of olive oil
- Peel and slice the carrots and ginger and put in a saucepan. Cover with water and boil until carrots are tender.
- When carrots are done, strain and put the carrots and the ginger into a food processor and blitz. Whilst you are blitzing add the butter cubes slowly until you get a creamy consistency. Add a squeeze of 1/2 a lime and season to taste.
- When you are ready to serve, heat a frying pan until very hot, and fry the scallops for a minute each side until they are nicely coloured and cooked through.
- Warm up the puree gently if you have made it in advance. Serve the scallops on a bed of puree and a side rocket salad.
Lucinda Hamilton’s catering company Cocolicious creates sweet and savoury dishes for any occasion including vintage afternoon teas, dinner parties and children’s parties. To find out more, visit Cocolicious’s Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucinda sourced the fish that she used in her recipes locally from Botterells Fresh Fish in Rye. Find their stand at many farmers’ markets across the south east including Battle, Crowborough, Brede, Wye, Cranbrook, Meopham, Penshurst, Rolvenden and Tunbridge Wells. Botterells can be contacted on 01797 222875.