Baby Gem lettuce with curried smoked chicken & cashews
- For 20 Portions
- Tip: One can put this together a couple of hours beforehand and leave in a cool place.
- 2 Baby Gem lettuce - washed
- 1 x 155g smoked chicken breast, sliced
- 40g cashew nuts, roasted coriander sprigs to decorate
- For the curried mayonnaise:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 tbsp mango & chilli chutney
- 2 tsp hot curry powder
- juice of half a lime
- salt & pepper
- Mix all the curry mayonnaise ingredients together and adjust seasoning to taste.
- To put together: cut the Baby Gem into portion size pieces and top with a slice of smoked chicken, spoon over a teaspoon of curry mayonnaise, a cashew nut and a sprig of coriander.
Juliet’s company, Juliet’s Catering, creates innovative, bespoke menus for a wide range of social events. To find out more call 01797 270347 or visit www.julietbidwell.com
- Photographs David Merewether
- Words and recipes Juliet Bidwell