Salmon and Asparagus Penne
This is so quick and easy, one of those impressive but effortless dishes to serve for a light supper/lunch. It can be made even more quickly if you use smoked salmon – just cut into strips (or use trimmings) and simply stir it into the sauce a few minutes prior to serving.
- 1 x 500g pack penne pasta
- approx. 350g Salmon fillets (3 – 4 small fillets)
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1 x 200ml tub crème fraîche
- zest and juice of 1 small unwaxed lemon
- black pepper and salt to taste (no salt if you use smoked salmon)
- Boil the pasta in a large saucepan for 11-12 minutes (until cooked al dente).
- Poach the salmon in a little milk or water for 5-10 minutes, depending how thick the fillets are (or see above, if using smoked salmon).
- Steam the asparagus for 3 minutes and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and heat for a few minutes, stirring gently until everything's combined. Serve immediately.
- recipes Jo Arnell
- pictures David Merewether