- 180ml double cream
- 90ml milk
- 140g 71% chocolate
- 2 large egg yolks
- 40g caster sugar
- 1 orange, finely-grated rind
- 1tbsp Cointreau (optional)
- 4 ramekin dishes
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Heat the cream and milk together till nearly simmering. Remove from heat and add the chocolate to melt.
- Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar together till pale, then add the orange rind.
- Stir the chocolate cream into the egg mixture and add Cointreau if you wish.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins and place them in a roasting tin. Add boiling water to the tin to cover half the ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Serve with a dollop of double cream and a biscuit.
Juliet's company Juliet's Catering creates individually designed menus for weddings, parties, social gatherings and occasions. For more information call 01797 270347 or visit
- recipes Juliet Bidwell
- pictures David Merewether