- 1 large duck breast (300-350g)
- 2 tbsp runny honey
For the sauce:
- 100ml chicken stock
- 50ml red wine
- 1tsp redcurrant jelly
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- small knob of butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Score the duck breast. Heat a frying pan till hot and place the duck breast skin-side down to brown and release the fat.
- Remove and spread the honey on the skin and leave till twenty minutes before serving.
- Place duck breast in a roasting tin and place in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- For the sauce, place all the ingredients, except the seasoning and butter into a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste and add a knob of butter. Then stir and strain before serving.
Cook's tip: I like to serve little roast potatoes with thyme, and French beans with asparagus, sugar snaps and roast pumpkin seeds.
Juliet's company Juliet's Catering creates individually designed menus for weddings, parties, social gatherings and occasions. For more information call 01797 270347 or visit
- recipes Juliet Bidwell
- pictures David Merewether